Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Remembering Ondoy

Yesterday, I went home early. Well, if you call 6pm early lol. As always, I pass by the mall I usually go to. Reached it at 630pm and went out of the mall around 7pm. Before I reach the mall near the bus stop, it suddenly rained hard. And I mean hard. Rain with winds. I was hoping that I can easily ride a bus and I'm lucky. I thought the rain was only in Makati but the bus driver said it was raining before they reach Makati. So it must have come from the north. I was hoping it wasnt raining in south because we have our bible exposition that night. Before reaching my destination, it was raining cuts and dogs. Luckily, the bus driver is a good and safe driver and didnt go on driving fast even if other reckless bus drivers did that. We pass by some flooded areas, and I was afraid I'd end up walking in a flooded street. When I got out, my fears were confirmed. It was flooded on the bus stop. I need to cross the street but would have to wade in knee-deep waters. Luckily, another bus arrived and was kind enough to allow us to ride just to cross the street, which I hadnt thought of doing earlier on the bus I rode lol. I arrived safe, wet from head to pants, with my shoes almost dry, until the tricycle I rode had to pass a very flooded street.

I was afraid mom was worried because that rain was like Ondoy which hit the country last Sept. 26, 2009. I was afraid we'd end up locked again in our house with flooded streets outside. Thank goodness the rain ended a few minutes after I got home. And my mom didnt know abt the very flooded streets until I told her about it.

No comments: